In this week’s episode we look at the different effects ‘towards’ and ‘away-from’ motivation when you’re setting goals. Each has its place, but they do different jobs – and if you don’t get the mix right, you’ll never reach your goal!
- Why some millionaires go bankrupt and bounce back several times
- Why it’s so hard to lose that last half-stone
- How to discover if your motivation is ‘towards’ or ‘away-from’
- How to spot ‘concealed away-froms’ in people’s thinking from the words they say
- Tips for converting ‘away-from’ motivation into ‘towards’
- Why it’s important to formulate your goals in positive language
- ….and much more!
How to listen to Practical NLP Podcast Episode 72: Why You Need Towards Motivation In Goal-Setting
Listen and/or subscribe to this podcast via Apple Podcasts here – and if you like the podcast, please leave a review!
If you want to subscribe using something other than Apple Podcasts (e.g. if you have an Android phone), here’s the feed: https://nlppod.com/feed/podcast/
Or, simply listen online using the player embedded in this post, or download the episode.
Duration: 9m 01s
If you like the podcast, please review it on Apple Podcasts. Even if you’re not an Apple Podcasts subscriber yourself, that’s where most people still find their podcasts, so that’s where your review will make the most difference.
Note: Only the most recent 10 episodes of the Practical NLP Podcast are available free on Apple Podcasts. You can still listen to this episode as part of the Practical NLP Podcast Collection Volume 11, which you can get here.
© 2016 – 2019, Andy Smith. All rights reserved.