This week, the end of an era as we come to the end of the ‘scripted’ Practical NLP Podcast episodes. From next episode we’ll be switching to a longer format where I interview thought leaders and practitioners applying NLP in original ways to solve real-world problems.
So, a short and sweet episode in two parts. I show you a process you can use on the timeline to clear anxiety about an upcoming event. And for those of you who have been following the podcast since its early days (or who have bought and listened to the back episodes), I guide you through planning what you will use your NLP knowledge for in the future.
Clearing Anxiety Process
(Note: this is worded as you would say it to a client)
- “Float up above the timeline and into the future to 15 minutes after the successful completion of the event about which you thought you were anxious. Tell me when you’re there.”
- “Good. Turn and look back towards now.”
- “Now, where’s the anxiety?”
- “Come back to now, only as quickly as you learn what you need to learn from all of the actions you took took to prepare for the successful completion of that event.”
- Test by thinking about the future event. “Where is that anxiety now? Try to feel it – what happens?”
This process works even better if unresolved fear has been cleared from the past timeline, but you should still notice a significant reduction in anxiety.
How to listen to this Practical NLP Podcast Episode
Listen and/or subscribe to this podcast via Apple Podcasts here – and if you like the podcast, please leave a review!
If you want to subscribe using something other than Apple Podcasts (e.g. if you have an Android phone), here’s the feed: http://nlppod.com/feed/podcast/
Or, simply listen online using the player embedded in this post, or download the episode.
Duration: 04m 20s
If you like the podcast, please review it on Apple Podcasts. Even if you’re not an Apple Podcasts subscriber yourself, that’s where most people still find their podcasts, so that’s where your review will make the most difference.
Only the most recent 10 episodes of the podcast are available free on Apple Podcasts. You can download collected back episodes (with transcripts!) from the online store.
Originally developed as part of the forthcoming NLP Practitioner home study pack, it’s designed to help you review and integrate everything you’ve learned on any course or training that you’re undertaking.
Find out more and download Using Your Timeline For Learning And Review here